Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dallas Farmers Market

We had a new adventure yesterday! Nanna, Popo and I took the girls to the Dallas Farmers Market yesterday for the first time! It was quite a drive, about 45 minutes away from our house. I think if I had bought more stuff it would be worth the drive but since it was a last minute plan, I didn't need many veggies yesterday. Which was fine, it gave me a chance to scope things out. I think I need to buy one of those little shopping carts that collapse. I've seen people take them to fairs and such. I bought the most delectable peaches. I'm afraid I was a bit of a sucker for anything they gave us to taste. The peach was so delicious I couldn't NOT buy them! I also got a bunch of strawberries from this same method. The only other item I bought from experience not taste testing on sight. I bought some vidalia onions. They are sweet onions that are really great. I plan on making a onion tart.

Anyway, I think we all had a good time. As we were walking up and down the aisles buying produce and sampling the different fruits, we kept giving Izzie and Maddie some tastes. It was getting to be lunch time and I hear Izzie from the stroller, "Momma? I want lunch in a restaurant." She thought these little bitty tastes were going to be our lunch! I told her we were about to go eat and she was happy.

On the way home I was trying to decide what to do with my peaches when I remembered a Balsamic Roasted Chicken and Nectarine dish I made a while back. I announced to Mom and Chris that was what I was planning on making for dinner and they wanted to know what time to come over! I had to sacrifice all but one of my peaches to the recipe but it was worth it, they were great! Chris brought wild mushroom rice and I roasted some asparagus and made some peas. Rounding out the meal was a loaf of whole wheat bread from the oven and it was a great dinner!

After dinner I cornered Chris to go over my outline for finishing out my master closet. We started the project a few months ago, and now I'm ready to complete it. Meanwhile Nanna was playing dress up dolls with the girls. It was a fun evening.

This morning I was cleaning house, a normal Sunday activity since the guys usually come over to play D&D in the afternoons. Maddie and Izzie wanted to help so I let them "clean" the windows with paper towels. They also got out their little brooms and "helped" me sweep the kitchen. It was all very cute!

Izzie and Maddie helping me clean. Perhaps if I put my super cape on to clean it would get done faster too?


Izzie, Maddie and Nanna playing with the magnetic dress up dolls.

Izzie

Dinner!

No comments: