Friday, July 16, 2010

Blog being Hijacked by Grandma today...

My blog is being taken over by Grandma today since all I did today was clean house in order to get ready for the TLC camera crew that is interviewing me for Home Made Simple tomorrow. Wish me luck! Grandma and Grandpa had all the fun with Maddie and Izzie so she gets to post! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for spending a wonderful day with the girls. I'm sure they will be talking about it for days! -Amanda
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This blog is being hijacked today by Grandma. Since Grandpa and I spent the entire day with Maddie and Izzie, we want to tell the daily story. I picked the girls up around nine and off we went. What a surprise that they didn’t even ask why Mommy didn’t go! Yet they chattered and laughed all the way to our house. It was a full day with new coloring books, a trip to feed the swans and ducks, playing with cousins, Lucy, Sabrina and Sammy. They swam, ate popsicles and gave me many exams while playing doctor.

Yes, the day was busy, noisy, and at times, chaotic. Yet the highlight of the day for me came from Maddie. All our grandchildren were in the playroom. There was singing, dancing, and pretending. Maddie stopped, looked the room over, got a big smile on her face, and said, “Grandma, this is OUR family, OUR family!” She seemed so proud. I hope no one noticed my happy tears at that moment.
This is what it is all about…happy children…cranky children…quiet children…the circle of life as they say. Grandpa and I are truly blessed!

Grandma

Photos from Grandma:
 Maddie and Izzie coloring at Grandma's house.

Maddie and Izzie playing with cousin Lucy.

Izzie feeding the swans and ducks.

Maddie and Izzie.

Sabrina checking out Grandma.

Sammy, Sabrina, Grandpa, Maddie, Izzie and Grandma swimming. This photo helps answer the question I had about who went swimming. On the way home I asked the girls and they got in a huge argument about whether or not Sammy was swimming with them. Maddie said "NO!" Izzie said, "YES!"

They were excited to tell me about the popsicles when I showed up to get them!

No comments: