Friday, June 25, 2010

Pre-Dentist visit

The girls have a dentist appointment coming up soon. Now days they recommend a first dentist appointment as early as two! Well, my girls tend to be very timid in new situations so I decided to plan a family trip to the dentist since John and I were both due for a cleaning anyway. I scheduled back-to-back appointments for John and I. When I made the appointment I told the receptionist I was planning on bringing in my two 2.5yr olds to watch so they could see us get our teeth cleaned. In order to get the back-to-back appointments we had to schedule almost 2 months out, but we did it!

So today, was the day. Yesterday, we talked about going to the dentist and what he was going to do. They were excited to see the Tooth Doctor today. We took separate cars, because I figured they might not want to sit through two cleanings. I went first and John was in charge of the girls. He held them up so they could see what the hygienist was doing in my mouth. At one point they got really enthusiastic and Izzie let out a loud squeal. My mommy instinct kicked in and I said, "Indoor voice!" without thinking about the fact that the hygienist had her hand in my mouth with a sharp tool. She laughed and said she had kids too so she understood when I said, "Sorry! instinct!" After I was finished (and may I add, cavity free!) they got to watch Daddy get his teeth cleaned for a bit before it was time for me to take them home for a nap. The dentist gave them each their own toothbrush for being good watchers and they had me brush their teeth right before naptime!

No comments: