Saturday, April 24, 2010

T-Shirt Dress

This is the project I was working on yesterday! My sister-in-law is a HUGE Beatles fan. As a matter of fact she met her husband at a Beatles cover band concert. Over the years she has collected quite a few Beatles t-shirts. And a couple of years ago she asked me to make a quilt out of the t-shirts. I happily said yes, and then almost immediately found out I was having twins, and well, her quilt is still in pieces up in my art room. I promise, ONE day, Julie will get her quilt!! In the meantime, I made this t-shirt dress for her daughter, Sabrina, out of one of the extra t-shirts she had.  I added some pink trim and ribbon and a few pink rhinestones to glam it up a bit. I think it turned out so precious! I gave it to Julie this morning, and I'm pretty sure she was tickled pink too! I can't wait to see Sabrina in it. The great thing about this design is it starts out as a dress, then becomes a tunic with leggings and finishes up as a blouse with jeans.

Now, I'm off to make some t-shirt dresses out of some old Aggie t-shirts that John and I have from our college days!

No comments: