Friday, April 23, 2010

Productivity

My mom and Chris watched the girls for me this morning so I could spend some time getting things done around the house. Like the pile of laundry that has been glaring at me for too long. I'll let everyone in on a big secret. People  have been asking me how I have time to do the things I do. Well there are only so many hours in the day, so I decided I needed to cut out an activity from my life to fit in the things I find more entertaining. Thus, the laundry pile. I guess I subconsciously decided that laundry took up too much time and I didn't want to do it anymore. That lasted for about two weeks until we were down to that pair of underwear/panties that is in the back of the draw that you never ever wear. I'm only half kidding. And this is actually after the help mom gave me from last week when she folded a pile of clothes that I managed to wash but never fold.

But lets talk about more fun things. Like all that I accomplished today. I cleaned out my art studio again. The floor was still covered with Christmas wrapping paper that is how long it has been neglected! While cleaning out the art studio, I came across this painting I did a few years ago. I've always loved how vibrant the red flowers were against the pitch black background. After looking at it today, and realizing it's been tucked in a dark corner not really being enjoyed, I've decided to sell it. If you are interested take a look at it HERE. After cleaning the art room (out of which came THREE bags of trash!) I headed to the bedroom to fold the dreaded clothes. I got about 3/4 of the way through that dreaded chore before I had a brilliant idea. I then spent the next hour working on a secret project. (Sorry... can't share it with you now, but I promise I'll share it soon!) I got a few other things done around the house before it was time to pick up Maddie and Izzie for naptime. Thank you Mom for watching the girls, I know they had a great time!

No comments: