Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Little Chefs

After seeing Izzie have fun playing with left over dough, I decided to let them make their own pizzas from start to finish after naptime.

Maddie and Izzie helping me make Pizza Dough.

Izzie and Maddie kneading the dough. Maddie was tearing it in little pieces and "counting" the dough.

They really got into the kneading.

Maddie and Izzie. After we finished kneading the dough had to rest for an hour to rise.

After an hour was up, I helped Maddie and Izzie stretch the dough into pizza rounds.

Izzie putting sauce on her pizza.

Maddie saucing her pizza.

Time to add cheese. You can see, sometimes I'm a bit too spontaneous. The only cheese I had on hand was colby-jack, but they didn't seem to care! A lesson in that is to not let things get in your way... just jump in and make it work... have fun!

Izzie putting cheese on her pizza.

Last step... tearing up bacon to put on top. (Like I said, this was a last minute decision and I didn't have many ingredients on hand. The bacon was leftover from the morning!)

Out of the oven and onto the plates! Yummy! (Maddie and Izzie)

No comments: