Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chalk Painting

About 5 or 6 months ago I did a project with the girls where we colored with chalk on paper and then using paintbrushes and water we painted the chalk making a watercolor effect drawing. Back then the girls had a really good time with the project, but the paper I used disintegrated with all the water. My mom reminded me of the project since it's been months and they really loved it. This time I went up to my art studio and pulled out some professional watercolor paper back from my college art classes. This paper was definitely the way to go! The other change I made was to give them small brushes instead of big kid brushes. They had a good time this morning. It also kept them happily entertained while I was prepping up dinner for a potluck I'm going to tonight.

Maddie and Izzie painting with water on chalk.

Look at the look of concentration on Izzie's face.

Maddie.

No comments: