Sunday, February 28, 2010

PAMOM Gala and Silent Auction


John and I at the Gala.


Alison, Clay, Melanie and Garrett.

Last night John and I had a chance to get spoofed up a bit, and hang out with some really awesome friends at the annual PAMOM Gala and Silent Auction. We really did have a great time. I wasn't sure what to expect because while this is my third Gala while I've been a member of PAMOM (the first was when I was pregnant) this is the first one I've actually attended. I'm glad I did. Mom and Chris were going to babysit the girls but after thinking about it, I thought it might be a good time for the girls to spend the night away for the very first time.

They did great! I had to call mom after the Gala last night and check on them (of course!) And mom said they played so hard that they just crashed when she put them to bed (an HOUR after their bedtime!) (But what do you expect... they were staying at Nanna's house!) Overall Mom said they had a great time and didn't even miss me at bedtime.

I called again this morning and they were happily playing, still not even missing their Momma. I've been so busy! I woke up at 6:30 because of course it was the only morning I've ever had that I could sleep in to whenever. But that's okay, because I've been on a cleaning frenzy. So back to it... the girls will be coming home soon!

Also wanted to do a quick shout out... HAPPY 32nd BIRTHDAY to JOHN!

2 comments:

The Ortega's said...

Looks and sounds like the gala was a great time. I guess I haven't noticed a picture of you in your blog lately...until this post, you look FABULOUS!!

Amanda said...

Thanks so much! The gala was a blast, I'm glad I was able to make it this year.