Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Movin' on Up -PAMOM Board


Maddie and Izzie a bit scruffy, but adorable!

I've spent the past couple of days with a mild head cold. Just annoying enough to slow me down and make me feel kind of yucky. Add that with Izzie's runny nose and we've just been a bunch of fun gals to hang around. Last night was the February PAMOM Board meeting where I signed up for my new role on the 2010-2011 PAMOM Board. The PAMOM fiscal year is June-May. The new board takes over in June and the old one ends in May. I thought I was going to the PAMOM Newsletter for two years (the max term limit) but my friend Melanie decided to run for president and asked me to be one of her Vice Presidents. So I am now signed up to be the 2nd Vice President of Helping Hands. Helping Hands is our Buddy/Mentor group. I'm very excited to take the role over in June but I will be sad to be turning the newsletter over to someone else!

We start talking about the new board in February because it takes a couple of months to get all the positions filled. Several of the PAMOM positions are very time consuming with a lot of responsibility. I love volunteering with PAMOM, it really has helped me grow as an adult. Volunteering is about giving, but I find you get back more than you give most of the time. I'm constantly learning new life lessons and even new skills. When I started out as a member of PAMOM mid 2007 after I found out I was pregnant with twins, I remember looking at the ladies running the club and being in awe. I thought they had it all together. I never thought I'd be producing a monthly 24 page newsletter; and I never imagined I'd one day be the Vice President of a club that has almost 400 members! It's very interesting to look back and see how far I've come, my confidence right there along with my positions.

No comments: