Friday, February 26, 2010

The Lights Went Out and RA Sushi


Maddie asking Izzie if she'll play and dance with her. "Izzie, Play, Please!" is what she said.


Izzie and Maddie dancing and singing in front of the fireplace.

Yesterday was a very crazy, full day. I thought the morning was going to be a slow one with some house cleaning and playing. After breakfast the girls put a show on for me in front of the fireplace. It's a favorite thing to do right now. Then I told them we could do their Yoga video which we haven't done in a couple of weeks. That is when I noticed the power had gone out. I told the girls the TV was broken. They went off to play in the toy room and I called John to figure out what the heck was going on. Turns out that there was a computer error and the power should not have been turned off. The company was apologetic but said that they couldn't guarantee a turn back on except that it would happen "sometime before midnight." Oh yay.

Luckily yesterday was a pretty nice day and the sun was actually bright so we didn't need too many lights, but nevertheless, my friend Melanie suggested I come over to her house to spend the morning. So we packed up and went over there. She was hosting a playgroup so there as lots of kids to play with and we had a good time. We would have just stayed for naptime too, but I had a hair appointment that I did not want to miss!

We left Melanie's and headed home, crossing our fingers the power would be back on, and sure enough it was. Mom beat me to my house by a few minutes and she helped me put the girls down to nap. I rushed off to my hair appointment thinking I was going to be late. When I knocked on my hair stylists door (she works from her house) she looked at me confused and said my appointment was next Thursday. I said, "No, it isn't, it really, really, really isn't!" I had Mom's Night Out that evening, the annual PAMOM Gala is on Saturday, John's birthday party is on Sunday and our 7 year anniversary is on Monday night. I wanted good hair! Luckily my sob story worked and she fit me in.

MNO was at RA Sushi. I made the mistake of not ordering sushi at a sushi restaurant. It was decent, but not that wonderful. I should have just ordered sushi, since I do like some of it, but I really wasn't in the mood for it. I had a good time with friends though and got home pretty late.

No comments: