Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm behind

I am actually behind on my blog. I like to spend a bit of time each day reflecting about what has happened, or to share a photo or two (or 10). Lately it seems like life is on warp speed and I can't seem to catch up. There is piles of laundry, piles of dishes, suitcases to unpack from recent trip out of town. I've made volunteer commitments left and right that I don't want to give up on. For one thing, they are so much more fun than laundry! It's all a balancing act. In 20 years I won't remember the laundry piles (I hope!) but I will remember the fun times had with my family and my friends.

I have a roomba. It's a robotic vacuum cleaner. I was running it yesterday and the girls were having a great time pretending to be scared of it. They called it the "little robot vacuum." Izzie got brave and touched it. Then she jumped back in glee saying, "I did it!" Isn't it crazy that even with modern conveniences like a robotic vacuum cleaner that a person can still feel like they don't have enough time to do everything they want to do? It's silly really. Microwaves, Smart Phones, DVRs, GPS, Bluetooth, all of these things have integrated themselves into daily living in such a way I can't imagine life without them. Even this blog, it's an electronic journal! I wonder what my kids lives will look like in the future. What for me now is so modern to them will be so everyday. What will be the cutting edge technology for my kids when they are 30?

No comments: