Monday, February 15, 2010

I ♥ robots

My mom bought me a Roomba (from www.iRobot.com) for my birthday a little over a year ago. I have really enjoyed that little robot vacuum. I really like setting it before I go to bed and waking up to a newly vacuumed floor, or setting it before running errands an having clean floors when I come back home. So after having fallen in love with a little robot that vacuums my floors for me, I've been lusting after the Scooba. It mops your floors for you. With toddlers this would be a dream machine. But like the Roomba, the Scooba is also very expensive. But I went ahead and took the plunge. I ordered the Scooba a few days ago and it arrived on my doorstep this afternoon.

When the delivery guy dropped it off, I was at first very terrified. The box he gave me was HUGE. Like half of a washing machine huge. I figured that I must have gotten the scale WAY off or something. I was picturing that the scooba should be about the same size as the roomba. Then it dawned on me that with my order of the scooba I was also sent an almost lifetime supply of the cleaning solution. Whew. That was why the box was so huge. Although, I do still have to find a place to store all that cleaner. But at least the scooba is a manageable size, just a teensy bit bigger than roomba, maybe. I took everything out of the box and plugged her in. (Yes, Scooba is a girl, duh.)

You are supposed to charge it for a full night before first use. Considering it charged for pretty much the entire day, I figured it was close enough. I started her up shortly after putting the girls to bed. It took about 45 minutes but my kitchen floor is sparkly. When I emptied the tank into the sink I was disgusted. My floors were gross. But now, I feel all excited because you could eat off of them if you so desired.

Anyone know when the iLaundry should hit the stores? Or the iFoldClothes? Because I'm a believer of robots. Sign me up!

No comments: