Monday, January 25, 2010

Tents & Tunnels


Maddie and Izzie playing shaving cream before naptime yesterday.


Maddie playing in her tunnel (She was trying to read a book, but couldn't figure out how to see it through the tunnel!)


Izzie playing peek-a-boo.


Izzie and Maddie wearing them like dresses.


A snapshot into their secret hideout tent where they are reading books that they gathered up and brought in there with them. (Maddie, Izzie)

Yesterday was a much better day for me. The girls actually took a 45 minute nap, which is the longest in over a week, so that was thrilling. When they woke up after 45 minutes (that was the other amazing thing, they fell asleep almost immediately!!) I went up there and told them it was still quiet time and I gave them 2 board books each. I told them they could read or go back to sleep. If they threw their books out of the crib they would not be getting them back. They stayed up there (mostly quiet) for an additional hour!

I made two trips to Walmart yesterday. Once in the morning without them to get groceries and once in the afternoon with them to return stuff. I bought them swimsuits with floaties built in. Last year I waited unitl "summertime" to buy their swimsuits and then there was nothing on the racks (except for the winter coats they were starting to stock.) So this year (in January) when they put out the swimsuits, I snagged two. I'm glad I had the foresight to try them on the girls because they fit just exactly perfectly. Which won't be good when they need them in 6 months. So I took them back in the afternoon for the bigger size. I'm not one to buy ahead so I hope my early swimsuit buying works.

After dinner (I gave the girls pasta with olive oil) they were covered in a nice sheen. I decided the easiest thing would be to strip them down to their diapers until bathtime. This is something that sends my girls into a wild frenzy of giggles and running (if used sparingly.) The next 20 minutes were filled with shrieks, screams and fun. Just as they were winding down, I pulled out their tent and tunnel*. This gave me another 20-25 minutes of running silly fun. They were playing peek-a-boo, wearing them like dresses, and even using the tent as a secret hideaway for reading books. When all of that was about to come to an end, it was time for bath and bed. It was a perfect way to end the day.

*There must be a typo on the price of my link. This is the tunnels and tent set I bought, but I only spent around $30, not $310 for it!!! I'll try emailing amazon to let them know there is a mistake on their pricing.

No comments: