Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Patience required

The past two days have tested my patience levels. Maddie and Izzie now have opinions about everything in their world. They also want to touch everything, smell everything and just experience everything on their own. They want to get dressed by themselves, they want to be so independent! I love that, except when I'm in a hurry. I need to learn to slow down. Most of Maddie's (almost daily) temper tantrums happen because she wants to touch or explore something and I tell her no. Usually if you just let her see it for a second, she's happy. I mean, yes, sometimes she's got to learn that she can't touch some things, but in general, it's not a big deal.

The hard part is when one of them wants to get dressed by themselves and they can't physically do it yet. Those tantrums are hard to deal with, they are frustrated at themselves and there isn't much you can do except let them work it out and perhaps have a near by stuffed animal help. Ah... deep breath. It's naptime and I need the break.

Maddie and Izzie playing with their laptops.


Maddie and Izzie eating a lunch I brought to the mall (yesterday). We were big girls and left the stroller at home and walked all the way to the play area and to the lunch area!


Izzie and Maddie playing in the car at the mall.

2 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

Ahh the do it yourself stage - such fun and such hair raising all at the same time!

Amanda said...

I love that they want to be independent! I just wish they knew their own limits sometimes. :)