Monday, December 7, 2009

Rice Box

I've been talking about doing this for awhile and I finally did it today! I went to Sam's Wholesale and bought 100lbs of rice for $30. When I got home, I realized that 50lbs would have been sufficient, but I like to go big. I want to buy a bigger container, but this is what I had. I filled it with the rice, bowls, scoops and whatnot. Spread out a sheet and let them have fun! They've been in there for 40 minutes playing harmoniously. I turned on some Christmas tunes and this is the most peace we've had in days!

Izzie and Maddie playing in a rice box


Maddie saying, "RICE!" They both were thrilled!

2 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

What a great way to have a little fun (and peace and quiet!)

Amanda said...

LOL... you should have seen how it ended! They went for almost a full hour. Just as I went in there to clean them up for lunch, they started throwing the rice! Immediate timeout on the couch while I vacuumed it all up! But it still wasn't too bad.