Friday, November 13, 2009

Shopping during Naptime


Izzie


Izzie again


Maddie

Whew, today sure flew by so quickly. John worked from home this morning which was nice since he was able to help me get the girls up and going this morning. For the first part of the morning we just lounged around. The girls did some coloring, which they are really starting to enjoy. Especially Izzie. She has really taken to filling the entire page up with color. After awhile we headed to the park to give Daddy some time to work in quiet. Not to mention it was a beautiful day. There is another cold front headed our way so I want to take advantage of as much of this awesome fall weather as possible. The girls played so hard at the park they were ready for an early nap.

During naptime I went shopping. I was looking for something to wear for the Tea that I got invited to for tomorrow. Melanie, who threw the High Tea Party a few weeks ago invited me to one put on by a hotel downtown. I'm really looking forward to it. I just really fell in love with the girly-ness of the whole thing. Anyway, I did find an outfit but I'm more excited about the shoes than the outfit itself! Although of course when I got them home I decided I need a different size, so I'll take the girls with me in the morning to exchange them. Why do shoes ALWAYS fit differently in the store?

Tonight I'm making Carrot-Zucchini-Apple Muffins. The girls are tired of pancakes. I usually make a big batch of pancakes and freeze them. Every batch I make slightly different flavors but I guess after awhile you get tired of eating the same thing. I do mix in oatmeal, eggs or cottage cheese here and there to shake things up, but pancakes have been my standard go to lately. So I got to thinking what else could be easy to make ahead that I can pop in the microwave to heat up for them? Which lead me to muffins. Since adding veggies (even at breakfast) never hurt, I thought I'd try a one-two punch of veggies with a mix of fruit. I'll let you know how they turn out and post the recipe to The Frickin Chicken later if they are any good!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Try garbanzo bean cake sometime (along the lines of banana bread) They might like it and it has alot of protein.