Monday, November 30, 2009

No pictures

John went back to work today after being off for a week. We had a good long holiday. The battery in his car was acting flaky before the holiday and I think sitting for an entire week just about killed it. So this morning when he went to go start his car, dead. He took the van to work instead (taking hostage the caffeine, uh... Dr. Peppers, that were in the back!) I went about a week of no cokes, but that didn't last too long. Anyway, the girls and I were home bound for the day, which actually was fine since I didn't have any plans.

Izzie kept us up a lot of the night last night. She had a stopped up nose and had a hard time breathing. No other symptoms at all. She didn't really even get that fussy except that she kept loosing her paci and would get upset looking for it. I both look forward to and dread the day we try taking the paci away. Originally I thought 2 but as that is rapidly approaching, I'm getting nervous about it. They gave their paci's up for day time use pretty much on their own. I'm crossing my fingers the same will happen for night, but I just don't see it happening. Anyone know of a toddler that willing gave up their paci? I keep talking about how babies use pacis and that we can send our paci's to baby Lucy (their cousin) if they think they are too big for them. So far, not taking the bait.

But because of Izzie, I didn't get very good sleep last night, and well obviously she didn't either. Surprisingly though, the day went very well. We didn't really do anything super exciting, mostly hung out reading books and doing some cleaning. Maddie actually came to me this morning demanding we empty the dishwaher. Thank goodness it was full of clean dishes because she doesn't quite get that sometimes they are dirty. Both girls love handing me one item at a time and they take GREAT pride in the fact that they get to put up the pots and pans by themselves! (It's one of the few things they can reach without being breakable.) They also swept the entire kitchen floor and living room. That entertained them for a solid 30 minutes.

I had to keep putting vaseline under Izzie's nose that was raw by the end of the day because of the leaky faucet it had become. Despite the runny nose and not feeling her best, she was a trooper today. Maddie could tell she wasn't feeling well because she kept giving sissy lots of hugs and kisses. Maddie can be so incredibly loving. Today while playing with their little animals she gave each and everyone of them a kiss and then had them all kiss each other.

Tonight at bathtime I filled the water a good 3 inches higher than I normally do and they "swam" in the bathtub. This was a ton of fun for them! I wish I had my camera up in the bathroom with me, they were just a kicking and enjoying themselves to the max. It was a good day filled with lots of sweet moments.

No comments: