Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Maddie the Magician!


Maddie and Izzie playing in my bedroom.


Izzie and Maddie.

After a busy day yesterday, today was actually a pretty laid back day. Not that I didn't get a lot done. Working on the PAMOM newsletter, some logo designs for friends/clients, plus keeping the house clean was plenty to do on a laid back day. Not to mention all the hard playing the girls and I did! I read The Itsy Bitsy Spider Book to the girls about 5 or 6 times before they lost interest this morning. It goes back to the library tomorrow, but I might have to recheck that one out!

Then we went to the living room and danced to the Hokey Pokey, their new favorite dance. They call it "daPokey dance." After doing a few dances and stretches (we like to stretch ALL the way up to the sky and then ALL the way down to our toes) we headed upstairs to play in Momma and Daddy's room while I folded clothes. Maddie dazzled me with her first Magic Performance. She got two cups that fit together and hid 2 balls inside them. Then she'd ask me, "Where Ball??" and I said, "I don't know! Where did they go?!?" And she'd open the cups and show me with this gleam in her eye. It was so super adorable. Of course she did it about 20 times and I had to play along all twenty times. Izzie was busy playing with another toy and ignoring us.

Maddie's first Magic Show!

Another favorite past time of theirs lately is pretending to put lotion on me (or Ripley, or bunny, or anyone who will sit still.) It really is so cute. They pretend to put the lotion on their hands and then they apply it to their victim, usually saying, "Pretend Lotion" over and over. You have to watch out for your eyes or they will get poked out in the process. Oh, in this video they just finished brushing my hair, so it's a bit crazy.
video

No comments: