Monday, November 16, 2009

It's really Mid November!

Just hanging out around the house pictures:

Maddie

Izzie


Izzie feeding teddy with a spoon


Maddie feeding bunny.

I looked at the calendar today and saw it was November 16th. I had to look twice and then actually a third time before I believed that the computer wasn't malfunctioning somehow. How can it possibly be mid November? Wasn't Halloween just like yesterday? And yet, somewhere deep down I know that Christmas will be upon me before I can blink so I am desperately trying to come up with awesome Christmas presents before that date hits. Not to mention plan my own 30th birthday party (control freak) and the girls birthday party too!

In some ways I thrive when I'm busy. The more I have to do, the more I get done. I think I have two modes, slow and uber fast. If not much is going on, I hibernate. I watch more tv, read more books, and am lazy. When I have things going on, like deadlines for volunteer projects; then I'm more efficient in all areas of my life. The kitchen stays cleaner, the laundry gets done (although it is ALWAYS at the bottom of my list!) I cook more meals, etc. Lately I feel like I've been going 90 to nothin' and I don't see a break anywhere in my future! But I do take moments to keep my sanity. It helps that I have a super supportive husband that encourages me to do all that I want in life!

Today the girls and I went to a playdate at Melanie's house. Sadly, Jessica's trio stayed home with a cold, but Alison was there with her boys. Everyone had a good time, Maddie and Izzie are getting more comfortable with the group I think. Although Maddie did get her first bite! I think it was Ford that bit her. I forget which of the boys did it. I think Maddie was in shock more than anything. We fixed her up with a Hello Kitty bandaid and she was off playing again in no time.

I couldn't believe the lunch they packed away today. They each ate an entire apricot jam/almond butter sandwich, 1/2 an apple, a string cheese and 2 homemade mini apple-carrot-zucchini muffins plus their entire milk sippies. I figured they wouldn't eat much dinner after that huge lunch especially since I was serving something "weird" but they did a pretty decent job on dinner too. Growth spurt here we come!

No comments: