Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Trofast Storage System from IKEA

My day in haiku:
Typical Morning
Afternoon at IKEA
Big Project Tonight!

A friend posted a challenge on one of my message boards to write your day in haiku. I'm normally not a poetry writer, but that sounded fun to me. That is what I came up with.

This morning we did just hang around the house, doing nothing much special. Some coloring, books, the usual. Then right as we were eating lunch my Mom and Chris came over. Mom was to watch the girls and put them down for nap while Chris and I hit the road to IKEA. I had been researching storage systems for the girls toys and as far as I could tell the Trofast System at IKEA seemed to fit my needs the best (in my price range!) Since Pottery Barn's storage system is only in my dreams, this IKEA one fit the bill nicely. I love how the bins are interchangeable. I plan on taking photos of the girls toys that go in each bin and taping them to the outside. Hopefully I'll have a clean playroom, I know it will take a lot of teaching to get the girls to cooperate!


Here I am putting together the system. The big towers each took about 20 minutes, the small ones only 15!


The (almost) finished system. I have a small system that bridges across the top with more blue bins, it'll leave the wall space for art work. (I'll take my flower art down.) I also plan on taping photos of the girls toys to the outside of the bins.

*Interesting fact: I painted that flower montage while I was in college. I found an old coffee table that was missing the glass piece. I found this piece of scrap wood in my Pepaw's shop and it fit perfectly in the hole. Then I painted it and had a very nice coffee table for my itty bitty efficiency apartment!


Izzie and Maddie eating snack with Nana while we were shopping.

1 comment:

Seren Dippity said...

Ahhh, the never ending search for organization...

Reminds me of a demotivators quote:

"There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality."

Loving you...
MoM