Monday, October 26, 2009

Super Busy October


Lila and Zella came over to play this morning. Here they are enjoying lunch with Maddie and Izzie.


Somehow we ended up in the office and started playing Ring Around the Rosie. (Izzie, Maddie, Ripley, Lila, Zella and Ashley)


While waiting for their friends to come over Izzie and Maddie started playing with their dress up clothes. (Of which they need a lot more! :)


Maddie is my little organizer. Here she is (trying) to put the dress up bin up. I think she loves the storage system. She has trouble getting the bins back in the groves but she LOVES having a place for everything.


Izzie trying on a blue "necklace"

This month has flown by in the blink of an eye. I know techincally I still have a week left, but this week is going to go by so fast and then it's November already. I do have to say that Halloween is fun when you have kids, even if they are too young to get the point. I have been slaving away for hours making them the cutest Thing 1 and Thing 2 costumes. (I really need to get The Cat and the Hat book out and read it to them tomorrow!) The costumes themselves are pretty easy to make. Buy a long sleeve red t-shirt and iron on a Thing 1 and Thing 2 circle on each one. Pair it with red pants and you are good to go. It's the wig that is so labor intensive. I searched exhaustively on the internet and found Adult Sized Thing 1 and Thing 2 wigs, but none for kids. Why an adult would want to dress up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 is beyond me! (Oh, and for anyone out there who likes do internet searching.. Mom... it's too late now. If you show me a wig that I could have bought after spending HOURS and HOURS making ones from scratch I'll....grrr!)

Anyway, where was I? I've been so busy. Lately my posts have been quick little blurbs with some photos thrown up to keep the relatives happy. The past week I've been working on the November/December issue of the PAMOM newsletter. I finished the first draft tonight, which is a big sigh of relief. Now I can focus on finishing the girls costumes and the costume for John and I. My Dolly Parton costume is coming along nicely! My mother-in-law Jackie is letting me borrow some Western Glitz from the back of her closet from an event she went to when John was in High School! I'm impressed with the organization skills of his family. No way would I know where something is from 13 some odd years ago. I can't wait to see John covered in blue paint as a member of the Blue Man Group!

No comments: