Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mig turns 40!

Not only was today a busy day with packing and laundry, we had a surprise party to attend tonight. One of John's co-workers and a good friend of ours, Mig was turning the big 40. His girlfriend Becky planned a surprise party and he didn't know anything about it. The party was a lot of fun, I really enjoy getting together for any of Mig and Becky's parties. This one had a special twist because Mig's mother was there making real Spanish Tappas for us. We had a lot of super tasty dishes and a homemade paella to boot!


Nanna and Popo came to watch the girls so we could go to the party. While I was still getting ready, Nanna and Izzie were in a deep conversation about the color of Winnie-the-Pooh's shirt.


Izzie and Maddie coloring at the BIG table.


Izzie


Maddie



This was Mig when he walked in the door... I dunno... how surprised was he??



Paella was cooking away. So tasty!


It takes 3 people to light 40 candles, just in case you were wondering.


He actually got them out in one blow... I guess his birthday wishes will come true!

Happy Birthday Mig!

2 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

I love the color discussion.

Miguel (Sixthblade) said...

Thanks Amanda. I am glad you guys made it out! And yes, I was surprised! Enjoy SA!