Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What comes after high-heels?


Izzie with her dress-up shoes... and apparently she needs a quad stroller, she's managed to stuff 2 teddies and 2 Elmos in her stroller. I think that exceeds the safety limits of the device?


Maddie with her dress up shoes.

Yesterday I stopped by Kid-to-Kid a used kids toy and clothing shop. Right in the entrance was a pile of dress up shoes for a buck each. I thought, why not? They love dress up. They do have a little heel on them, so that worried me a bit, but they love clonking around in my shoes, so I figured if they could manage those, then they could probably manage these.

Well they love them. Maddie especially, but dress-up seems to be her forte lately. The only problem is that they are slick on our linoleum, so I've got to figure out a way to scuff up the plastic. (You would think a child's dress up shoe wouldn't be slick!?!) Anyway, the girls are clonking around the house in their pretty shoes this morning.

1 comment:

Seren Dippity said...

Scuff 'em up with sand paper or put a piece of duct tape on the bottom. I used to have to do that to your stride-rite walkers.

They look sooooo cute! Chris came home pouting last night cause you put them to bed early and he didn't get any twin-time.