Sunday, September 27, 2009

QOTW: Favorite Fall Activity

It's time for another Question of the week from Multiples and More Blog. This week's question is: What is your favorite Fall activity.

Living in Texas I seem to always long for the weather to be either warmer or colder. Our spring and our fall is just not long enough to suit me. By the time you realize fall is here, you better get outside and enjoy it because the weather will get cold (for us Texans) before you can blink.

One thing I try to do every fall is go to the zoo. I love zoos and when I'm traveling on vacation if the city I'm staying at has a zoo, I try to fit it into our vacation. We are planning a zoo trip with the girls soon. I love going to the zoo in the fall because the animals seem to be more frisky after a long hot summer. Last year we went to the zoo with the girls for the first time, they were really too young to get what was going on, but they still had a fun outing. This year they are saying and signing almost every zoo animal. Izzie's favorite is "ROAR!" (lion) and she'll do the sign while saying it. For awhile Maddie's favorite was crocodile, but I think Izzie has convinced her that Roars are much better.

They also love Hippos, Rhinos, Giraffe, Elephant and many others. I can't wait to show them these animals in person. I know they are just going to flip with excitement!

Nov. 14, 2008: Izzie, Maddie and Daddy at the Dallas Zoo.


Nov. 14, 2008: Momma and Maddie


Nov. 18, 2008: Momma and Izzie

3 comments:

Seren Dippity said...

ROAR is a good one, and I hope the zoo has impressive specimens for the girls to see. I remember how excited they got at the lion statues we saw at the garden center.

I think my favorite zoo sign is for kangaroo. I love how they "jump" when they sign it. Izzie lifting one foot real high and stomping it down calling that a jump. ha!

If you can't talk memaw into coming to Dallas to go to the zoo with you, maybe Chris and I can go? We like zoos on days when it is not 900 degrees.

'Nanna

Helen said...

Not that long ago my boys said every animal said "roar" :) Have fun with your fall outing! I'm just stopping by from Multiples and and More!

MamaOtwins+1 said...

I love the wonder on their faces when they first see animals up close.

Stopping by from Multiples and More!