Sunday, September 27, 2009

Finger Painting is fun!



Question: Just because it is messy and only holds their interest for 10 minutes, should it be done? Answer: Yes.

As far as I see it, the messy has to be done, even if it only lasts for 10 minutes. The more art the better. Each time is a learning experience. Each time they may add a minute or two of attention span. Each time you get out that messy project they learn a little bit more.

We painted last week and I remember commenting on trying to talk to them about colors and that they really didn't get it yet. Today while painting they were asking for specific colors. They started talking about their paint brush, how messy their hands were, what color their hands were, etc. They even said their work was Pretty. So, yes it is worth it!

Now, I need to get brave enough to do a Rice Box, since I know they will love it! Next time I hit Sams (our wholesale store) I'll buy a bulk container of rice.

No comments: