Sunday, August 9, 2009

QOTW: Favorite Dinner

This week's question of the week from Multiples and More Blog is: What is your favorite recipe to make with/for your family?


What a perfect question for me! Anyone who knows me, knows that I love cooking. As a matter of fact, when I graduated from college the money I got from graduation gifts I turned toward my kitchen. I bought a $700 pot and pan set from All-Clad. That's what restaurant chefs use, so of course it was what I had to have! I'm the type of cook that doesn't follow recipes, actually I think it is impossible for me to do so! I create meals on the fly with ingredients that are in my kitchen. When I go to the grocery store, I stock all of my favorites and then I throw two or three other "unusual" ingredients in to make a meal from. Occasionally I do shop with a particular dish in mind, but usually what's for dinner is what "sounds" good that night.

A few months ago, I started a food blog, you can find it at www.TheFrickinChicken.blogspot.com. Make sure you read the story of how that blog got its name for a funny story. I'd have to say that the meal I like making for my family the most is my Big Enchiladas. Right now, since my girls are only 19 months a big messy burrito isn't easy for them to eat, but this recipe is easy to turn into a quesadilla that is easier for my toddlers to manage. I hope to one day be able to share my love for cooking with my two daughters. Already I like having them in the kitchen playing with pots and pans. They even help me empty the dishwasher some days!

Maddie and Izzie helping me unload the dishwasher. Handing me one plate or spoon at a time.

No comments: