Friday, August 21, 2009

Project Runway Premiere Party


Betsy, Sharon and Joy


Joy, Heather, Kristie and her daughter Grace

Last night was the season premiere of one of my favorite shows, Project Runway. It's been stuck in legal battles forever and hasn't aired in what feels like forever. I was super excited it was coming back. I felt that the occasion needed some extra celebration. I sent a call out to all my friends and had five wonderful other women come to celebrate with me. Some had never even seen the show but just thought the idea of fun and food was a good enough excuse to come. Kristie has a newborn and wanted to get out of the house in a low key situation. We had a good time. Everyone brought some kind of goodie to munch on and we had a smorgasbord of junk food.

The "plan" was to watch the 2 Hour Project Runway All-Stars special, then the actual Season Premiere followed by a 30 min showing of a new show called The Models of the Runway. We made it through the 2 Hour Special. Then we just visited and talked until what felt like was really late. I had a good time and we all agreed that we'll have to throw some more of these "Premiere" parties in the future!

No comments: