Saturday, August 8, 2009

McKinney Farmer's Market


Nanna with Izzie and Maddie.


Popo, Nanna Maddie and Izzie

My mom decided to be spontaneous this morning. I called her up around nine to see if I could bring the girls over for an hour or so to play and she suggested we go to the McKinney Farmer's Market instead. I said, sounds fun, I'll swing by to pick you up as fast as I can. They closed at noon and it's a 45 min to 1 hr drive away. I knew this, she did not. So when I swung by to pick her up, she wasn't ready yet. Then Chris decided to come along too. Anyway, we didn't pull out of the driveway until after 10. It all worked out perfectly because the market wasn't that big and we had just enough time to look around before heading to a quaint little restaurant called The Pantry for lunch before heading home. I didn't end up buying anything but of course once I got home I wish I had. Mom got some delicious looking fruit.

We started the girls out in their stroller but then let them out to walk around a bit. They liked that, and started playing in the dirt. On the way back to the car, we saw two mounted police officers. It was Maddie and Izzie's first experience up close to a horse (I think, I don't remember any others.) Neither girl would pet the horses though, but Izzie was grinning from ear to ear at it. We definitely got to get the girls to a petting zoo soon!

It was a fun and yes, spontaneous outing. Thanks for suggesting it Mom! After naptime we are going to Jackie and Tom's house to hear all about the Wisconsin trip. It's a jam packed day!

No comments: