Sunday, July 26, 2009

Survived the Stomach Bug

Well, John and I survived the stomach bug. We aren't 100% yet, considering how little we've eaten in the past 24 hours and we got quiet dehydrated. I was very impressed how we tag-teamed today and made it through. We took shifts, every hour this morning, one of us would go on "break" and take a nap upstairs and the other would stay down with the girls. Last night my mom said that she would watch the girls this morning if we weren't feeling well, but then I got a message from her in the middle of the night that she had it too. So we were on our own and we did a great job. Now, we are starting to feel a bit human again. Food isn't looking evil and water is actually good.

Thankfully the girls were in high spirits today. They still wanted a lot of attention, didn't do much independent play today, but I think that was because they were picking up on how we were feeling. I haven't brought out the camera in the past two days (I know shocking... that's how bad I was feeling!) but here are some pictures from a year ago and earlier this month:

Since I take pictures almost every day, sometimes it's fun to look back and see a picture from exactly a year ago. This is July 26, 2008. Izzie and Maddie, we were at Mema's house. What a difference a year makes!


This was July 7, 2009. John and I took the girls to Brooklyns Pizza for dinner. I decided to put their hair up in ponytails. This is their first full ponytail. They looked so cute!! (Maddie, Izzie)


7/23/2008 Maddie was bringing me bows to put in her hair. I love this expression on her face!

We are missing the family in Wisconsin, but have heard that everyone made the trip safely. We are thinking of you guys and hope you have a terrific vacation. I want to hear all about it and see a ton of pictures!

No comments: