Sunday, July 12, 2009

Walking our Babies

I try to spend a little bit of time outside with the girls each and every day. I admit that it doesn't always work out that way. This summer has been exceptionally hot (either that, or they are ALL hot and I just don't remember each year?) Anyway, tonight after dinner the thermometer (in direct sunlight) was reading 117º. I'm sure that can't be correct? Weather.com said 100º which is hot enough. But I wanted to spend some time outside, so I figured 10 minutes would be okay. The girls grabbed their strollers with their "babies" and we headed out to the front yard. The backyard is actually better in the evening because the house provides some shade, but the kiddie pool is full of water right now and I didn't want to empty it, nor did I want kids in the pool for 1o minutes time.

So, we went to the front yard and I got brave and decided to go for a "real" walk down our street instead of just back and forth in front of our house. We did REALLY awesome heading away from the house. Then when it was time to circle back, they wanted to wander. Izzie had to go up and down each driveway and Maddie had to touch every rock on the ground. I was still 3 or 4 houses away and getting exasperated at our snails pace (did I mention the heat?) when John came outside to see where we were. I told the girls to go get Daddy. And that they did. They abandoned their strollers with their babies in them and TOOK off! Very cute. We made it inside and drank tons of water.


Izzie and Maddie walking their babies.


Maddie and Izzie.


When we came inside both the girls and Daddy layed down on the floor to rest. (Daddy, Izzie and Maddie)

No comments: