Friday, July 10, 2009

Sprinkler


Maddie and Izzie get a good look at the sprinkler.


Izzie trying to catch the water.


Maddie wants to catch it too.


Maddie and Izzie.

Yesterday at Target I bought a $2 sprinkler. This morning I decided to hook it up for the girls. They were fascinated by it. I kept the pressure really low so that it wasn't in their faces for this first time. They were having fun, playing in the pool, the grass and the sprinkler, but then all of a sudden Izzie said, "PooPoo?" Well, I didn't have a real swim diaper on (taking MAJOR chance there!) so I asked her if she was ready to go inside. They both ran to the door and it was the end of swimming for the morning. We were out there for about 30 minutes so I guess that was good. I guess I need to set up potties downstairs now, if Izzie is going to tell me when she is going to go. But since I didn't have the potties already set up and didn't not want to trudge the whole group upstairs and possibly have poo up and down the stairs, I just quickly put on her diaper. Well, she hasn't gone yet, so possibly she was just making converstaion? Who knows. This potty training this is all new to me and I'm not so ready to jump in. Diapers are working fine for me right now!

1 comment:

Amy said...

potty training...oh so not fun. aidan is 2 1/2 and has started pulling his diapers off when they're dirty. I think I'm going to have to jump in really soon.