Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spring Cleaning


Izzie playing with styrofoam boxes they found at Nanna's house. )Thanks Mom for taking a few pictures of the girls!)


Maddie and Izzie


Maddie and Izzie

Well, yes, we are in the middle of the summer. But my house needed a good spring cleaning. Forgotten corners needed dusting, back rooms needed vaccuuming, a few piles of laundry needed sorting, the stove needed some major elbow work. That sort of thing. The type of cleaning that isn't easy to do with the help of two enthusiastic toddlers following you around. So, I called my mom last night and asked if she'd like to spend the morning with Maddie and Izzie. She said, "Sure no problem." That was last night. This morning when I called to say I was on my way over she said she changed her mind. But I wasn't going to let her off the hook! (She was just kidding anyway.)

So, I dropped them off at 9 am and then jetted back to my house. I then proceeded to spend the next three and half hours cleaning my house. The sad thing is I could probably have spent an extra two. I didn't get to my art room or the office. (I'm ignoring the garage, it would take a week or more to make a dent in it.) Oh and what used to be the game room and is now the "Out Grown Baby Storage-Sorting Area." But I have plans for that, they are in the works. But, the downstairs is sparkly, the master bed and bath are gleaming. The girls room is tidy. I think I did a pretty good job and I'm exhausted. Now if only I could maintain it...

No comments: