Friday, July 24, 2009

Put 'em to work


Izzie and Maddie sweeping the kitchen.


Izzie is doing some multi-tasking. Sweeping and vacuuming at the same time, the girl has some skills!


Izzie on the potty reading a Bathroom Reader.


Maddie is pretending right now.

This morning was one of those, if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all mornings. I feel bad because the girls weren't being bad. I they just weren't feeling well. Whether it's left over from being sick the other day, or more teething, you could tell in their eyes they just didn't feel good. They were whiny, clingy and just not a joy to be around. Somehow, miraculously we made it to naptime. They took a pretty good nap so I had hopes for this evening. We shall see. Right now they are sweeping my kitchen. I bought them a cute little dirt devil vacuum cleaner, but they seem to like the broom better.

The other thing is I think I unofficially, officially started potty training today. Izzie has been saying poo poo all morning. So we've gone to the bathroom and tried a couple of times. About 10 minutes after we give up (after sitting on the potty for 10 minutes) she goes poop in the diaper. But she is getting the idea. Maddie is interested mostly because sissy is. Even though she is the one who peed in the potty about a week ago, I think it was just a fluke. As of right now, I'm not going "hard core" potty training. I'm not doing any serious method. That may change, but right now, I'm not up for it. If they pee in the potty, great, if not, right now I don't care. I prefer that they don't pee on my carpet and that's about it.

No comments: