Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Playing in Momma & Daddy's Room


Maddie with her pretty necklaces.


Izzie with Daddy's hat.


Playing with the new toy in Momma and Daddy's room.

This morning I woke up not feeling well. Leftovers from the tummy bug I had this weekend I suppose. Needless to say, being a Mommy, you don't get the day off. So while I would have loved to have spent the morning in bed my alarm clock (that is set to the twin toddler station) went off bright and early at 7:30 am. I dragged myself out of bed and determinedly put in my contacts and put on my shoes. I'm still in my pj's (It's now 3:30pm) but I figured those two things would make me feel somewhat like I was joining the human race for the day.

My bright eyed beautiful girls were again in high spirits today. We all had a yummy breakfast of cinnamon waffles, apples and O's, after which we did some coloring, puzzles and other quiet activities that didn't require much movement on my part. I was sad to have to cancel my playdate for the day, but on the off chance I was still contagious, I knew the other moms would appreciate my effort. As the activities continued, the clock, it seems didn't. I mean surely after breakfast, coloring, puzzles, baby dolls, 30 minutes of Elmo and 10 books it should be at least mid morning, right?

Since it wasn't anywhere near time for lunch and I needed a FUN thing to do next, I pulled out the all time special FUN thing. We went upstairs to play in Momma and Daddy's room. In my bottom right hand dresser drawer I've always kept a handful of toys for the girls. Today was even more exciting because I added a new toy! We spent 45 minutes playing on my floor with the special toys, looking out the window at the cows & horses (at the farm behind our house) and just cuddling in a pile of pillows and the time flew by in a blink of an eye. What started as a mundane morning, soon turned into a special time with me and my girls.

Oh, and I am feeling much better now!

No comments: