Sunday, July 19, 2009

Finger Painting

Today was a nice, laid back Sunday. The girls, Mom and I went to Chili's for lunch. They did great and Mom and I got a good visit in. I remember taking them out to eat used to be a mini-production. Now though, it's really no big deal at all. Maddie was cute because she wanted to taste everything off of my and Nanna's plate. Even the Queso. Which she did not like. She put it to her tongue, and then promptly made a funny face giving the chip back to Nana. Our only incident was when we were leaving and she tried to eat a cracker off the floor. When we told her no, it was dirty, she cried. Luckily we were headed out the door anyway at that point!

After naptime, I decided to get the finger paint out for the girls again. They really enjoyed it this time! The activity still only lasted about 10 minutes before they were bored, which almost makes it feel like it isn't worth the mess but I know deep down it is! Maddie who lately has not wanted her fingers dirty was saying, "WOW, WOW, WOW!" over and over as she was thoroughly squishing paint and rubbing it into the paper. They even got that they weren't supposed to eat it. Well, that is until I turned my back for a few minutes. Izzie didn't try to eat it, she was mearly scratching her nose. Maddie, I'm not sure. It was more like she was painting a beard. Either way, both girls really had fun painting.


No comments: