Thursday, July 9, 2009

Corn on the Cob

Tonight for dinner I made fish sandwiches with oven fries & sweet potatoes and corn on the cob. Maddie and Izzie got some fish, some whole wheat bagel, the sweet potatoes and some fresh blueberries. All through the meal they kept pointing to our corn and going "uh, uh, uh" which means, "give me now!"

I thought, sure why not, plus I didn't really like the corn, I threw it in the oven and it just wasn't all that special. Maddie loved it. She sat in her high chair for 40 minutes gnawing on that cob. She ate most of it too. Izzie on the other hand had the weirdest reaction, it's hard to describe. John handed her his cob, which was mostly eaten. She tentatively put it to her mouth, then her mouth opened up with this silent scream that she built up and up until it was ear piercing. It was like that corn on the cob offended her beyond comprehension. I seriously don't know how to describe her reaction other than that.

Izzie about to taste the corn.


Izzie throuroughly offended at the corn.


Maddie on the other hand thought it was the best thing EVER.


Yummy!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Isaac thinks like Maddie...he loves corn on the cob! He can eat it really good too since he has a big gap in his teeth. haha

Amanda said...

Yeah, who knew? She kept asking for it so I gave it to her and she loved it. Too bad Izzie didn't!