Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sandbox

I just spend the last 30 minutes after dinner playing with the girls in their new sandbox. It's big, we made it 6' x 4' so the girls can climb in and play hard. My question is now, how do you get them clean enough to come inside? I didn't think of that part when I had dreams of this grand sandbox. All I was thinking of was the awesome sandbox I had when I was a kid. The sandbox that was so big I could lay down and get buried in it. So, mom, did I just traipse sand through your house?

Tonight my solution was to end sandbox play about 10 minutes before time to go in, then we washed our hands and feet in a bucket of water. Then we ran around in the grass, hoping that sand particles were falling off there instead of on my carpet later. Anyone out there with any tips or suggestions, I'm all ears.

Oh, and by the way... they had a really great time playing in the sand!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just do not put them in the bath with sand on them. What i do with my triplets is i almost do the same thing. What i do is i spray them off with the hose or i put them in their pool.

Seren Dippity said...

Let's see... most of the time sand box play was followed by so much outside time the sand would be mostly off or at least glued thoroughly down with sweat. Or it was followed by water play which I ended by having you strip on the porch and stand like a scarecrow as I hosed you down. But I do remember a few times where I had you stand perfectly still as I wrapped you mummy-like in as big of a beach towel as I could find, begging you not to wiggle as I carried you to the bathroom and deposited you and oh, about 2 or 3 cups of sand directly into the tub. This usually worked fairly well for you. I remember you giggling like it was the funniest thing in the world. Rhonda on the other hand was determined to at least get one foot out, all the while singing "shake it all about!" at the top of her lungs.
That's it. I remember now. The hokey-pokey was the getting out of the sandbox song. We'd stand on the edge of the sandbox and do the hokey pokey shaking each arm, leg, head, ear, etc. over the sandbox to put all the sand back in so we would have some to play with next time.

Oh yea... and just in case I haven't said it lately -
PAY BACK!!!

MoM
aka 'Nanna

Amanda said...

Well, I was hoping someone would tell me about the magic sand that they bought for their sandbox. The kind that flies off a kid as soon as they step over the border of the box.

I've been getting calls all morning (apparently I have a lot of relatives that read the blog but don't know how to leave comments)

Basically, good old fashioned water hoses seem to be the best solution :)