Thursday, June 11, 2009

A rainy day in June

We had some pretty amazing thunderstorms last night, all the way through the night and into the morning. I announced an official Pajama Day and we stayed inside throughout the weather. This morning went pretty well. The girls are really getting into dancing right after breakfast. As soon as we are done eating, I turn on a CD of silly tunes and we dance/play for a good 30-40 minutes. We've been doing that for a couple of mornings now. Izzie's picking up some new dance moves. As in actually picking up her feet a bit. Maddie's main move is the "squat" or the "side to side." They won't be getting any dancing ability from me (or John), that is for sure. We'll have to get them in some dance lessons when they are about 3.

The morning went pretty smoothly and then it was lunch then nap time. Everything seemed normal for nap time. I put them in their cribs, gave them kisses and said, "night-night." Things were quiet for about 10-15 minutes. Then the giggling started. Which very quickly moved into cackling. That's the only word I can use to describe the noise. They sounded like they were super hyper and that I gave them ice cream and candy for lunch. (Which I did NOT!) As a matter of fact, they had a veggie burger, a carrot and zucchini pancake, a fig newton and a whole wheat bagel. They were jumping and laughing and clapping. This kept up for 2hours and 35 minutes. I'm not even exaggerating. I went up there 4 times over that period to tell them to lay down and go to sleep. When I would leave they would be quiet for about 2-3 minutes and then it started up again. Finally at 3:35, I just went ahead and brought them downstairs and gave them snack.

I was expecting them to be monsters this evening, but they did pretty good until 6:15 when they just turned into early pumpkins. Since I didn't want them to go to bed that early we took them up for a bath and they were in bed at around 6:40.

It's not a nap sequence that I would like to repeat. I much prefer yesterday where they slept for 3 hours woke up super refreshed and were angels all the way until bedtime.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Don't worry - Aunt Dana will teach them dance! I am already working on Lucy (she doesn't get farming lessons).

Amanda said...

Oh yay! There is hope for them after all then! John and I sure can not dance.