Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Peaceful evening

John took the girls to his mom's house to dinner for the first time without me. This is something I could definitely get used to. I noramlly never want to be left behind. I like visiting with his parents, and a lot of times his sister comes over for dinner with her kids. I love the big family feeling. But tonight he took the girls and Ripley over there. Jackie and Tom are going to watch Ripley for a couple of days. Mostly so that he doesn't bother all the toddlers that are coming over tomorrow for my finger paint party. But he likes to be spoiled by his "grandma" and he hasn't gone over there in a while.

It was SO peaceful tonight. Well if you can ignore the sounds of roomba (my automatic vacuum cleaner), the dishwasher, the washing machine and the kitchen sink all going at once. From the moment John left, I have been scrubbing, shining, folding, sorting and vacuuming. The house looks pretty amazing. It
'd be fun to compare some of the photos of before I had kids to what the house looks like now. I'll have to see if I can dig up some of those photos and I'll quickly take some photos of the "organized" kid house (vs. the toys every where as you step over them house.)

1 comment:

wikitwinmom said...

Looks like a fun day--how brave you are to host such an event. And thank you for the paint recipe. Some day I'll get motivated and make some for my twinks!