Saturday, June 20, 2009

Maddie's First Fashion Statement

I'm afraid it's the beginning of the end. I'm sure I'll be able to eek out a few more months of dressing my girls, maybe. Moms of boys may not get as many cute outfits as girls, but they do get to dress them forever if they so choose. Girls for the most part develop some sort of fashion sense or other and they demand the right to dress themselves at a very early age. For me, so I'm told, it was purple jeans and red cowboy boots. My mom cringed and let me walk out the door. Who knows, if she forced me to wear something that actually matched I might not be a graphic designer today. Anyway, Maddie's choice this morning is nothing to cringe at. I think little girls who wear socks with their sandals is actually cute. The thing is, SHE choose it. She made it abundantly clear that she wanted to wear these socks with these sandals this morning. What will it be tomorrow? (Or an hour from now...)

No comments: