Monday, June 29, 2009

Firewheel Mall Park, x2


Izzie from this morning. Her gums were hurting her so she kept chewing on her thumb.

Maddie. You can't keep the girls off these bouncies. They LOVE them.


BIG kids decended upon the park. GRR.. It's a TODDLER park. Maddie wanted to ride SO bad.


Ashley, Lila and Zella this afternoon when they came to the park with us.

I was trying to decide what to do today. I'm sure there are things that needed to be done, like picking up the clutter that has amassed in my house, or scrubbing some toilet or other, but those weren't things I wanted to do. Then it dawned on me that the sun wasn't streaming in through the windows like usual. Which made me pause and actually look closely outside. At which point I noticed the clouds. I excitedly jumped on weather.com to see if there was something other than 100ยบ plus weather forcasted. I saw that the high was only 93 with a 30% chance of rain. I saw rain on the map, but figured it wouldn't make it all the way to where we were.

Excitedly, I rushed the girls through breakfast, threw on some shoes and we headed out the door. I decided on Firewheel Park. It was so nice, there was a gentle breeze, the sun wasn't scorching and there was only a couple of other kids when we got there. Then out in the distance I saw lightening. Followed by thunder. Figuring rain was surely to arrive soon, we packed up and headed home. They had at least 15-20 minutes of running around, so that was good. We made it home and about 5 minutes later there was a deluge. The girls had fun watching the rain come down through the windows.

The morning must have worn them out, because they were tired for naptime. I put them down early, which meant that they woke up at an earlier time. So, I called my friend Ashley and since the weather was still in the low 90's (and no more rain) we decided to go back to the park. What a huge difference. It may have been only 90 something, but the humidity must have been 99.9%. I mean, it wasn't raining, but it sure felt like a sauna! We played until sweat was dripping down our backs, then headed home for dinner. All in all, it was still a good day and I'm glad we got to spnd a portion of it outside.

No comments: