Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finger Painting

I've been wanting the girls to do some finger painting. A few weeks ago, we went to a painting playdate, but there was so much going on that they didn't do much painting, more watching of what everyone else was up to.

Last night, after the girls were in bed, the house was quiet and I was sitting at my computer I dreamed up the idea to have a finger painting party myself. I figured I would invite a bunch of my friends from PAMOM, whose children come in multiple. Hum. I'm actually looking forward to it, but after I sent out the invites I did some number crunching. I invited 1 set of quads, 2 sets of triplets and two sets of twins, plus my girls. That's 4+3+3+2+2+2= 16 kids between the ages 1.5 and 2.5 at my house. It'll all work out because I plan to put butcher paper up on the backyard fence and just let them go at it. I'll have some towels, wipees and watever else we need to do the clean up afterwards. I can't wait!

Well, this time, I wanted to make sure the girls had some experience finger painting before the crowds decend. This way, hopefully they will get the concept and be a bit less distracted. Which is okay actually because social interaction is another goal we are working on. So, this morning, I got them in their painting smocks and in the high chairs to try out some finger painting. I told them ahead of time to not put it in their mouth. I was worried since they were in their high chairs they would be confused, but they got it and didn't even try to eat it! The highchairs weren't ideal since the paper didn't fit, but I'm sick and didn't want to worry about a bigger clean up that that! They both really loved getting their hands all blue and green. Then the smock started bugging Maddie and painting was over. It lasted maybe 15 minutes?

Now, I turned on Seasame Street for them to watch, but they are in the office reading books instead! Go girls :)

Izzie and Maddie painting.


Izzie


Maddie

Video of them painting: Too bad it came out so dark! :(

No comments: