Friday, May 8, 2009

Take me out to the ball game


I return from getting more food and see Daisy the Mascot flirting with John. (Photo by: Miguel Bravo-Escos)

Then she reaches over, takes off his hat, starts polishing his bald head and gives him a kiss. (Photo by: Miguel Bravo-Escos)


So, of course, I yell, "Hey Daisy, you wanna have a fight?" (Photo by: Miguel Bravo-Escos)


Her response was to sit down next to John and point at a seat at the end of the isle for me to sit in. (Photo by: Miguel Bravo-Escos)




This is earlier in the game before a large mascot came between us!

Last night John and I went to see the Frisco Rough Riders Minor League Baseball game. They were playing a team from San Antonio that wore black. There were a few foul balls and a few home runs but other than that, I didn't really pay attention to the game. We went with several of John's co-workers and we had a good time. Our ticket price included an all you can eat hamburger and hot dog bar and a baseball cap. I committed a felony (according to my sister-in-law, Julie's, cosmic principles on cheap & free) and paid extra for a serving of nachos. I figured it couldn't be a baseball game without nachos.

I had a great time visiting with Penny. We sat there and talked about our children for most of the game. It's funny how as mother's we talk about wanting to spend some time with our husbands away from our kids and then when we get together with other mom's all we want to talk about our kids.

The highlight of the game (for John anyway) was when the mascot started flirting with him. She ( a giant bear named Daisy) started waving at John, but then she left. Then I left to go get more food and when I came back, this bear was sitting in John's lap, shining his bald head and kissing it! I thought it was a hoot! John is normally so shy, but he was eating it right up. I came up behind the bear and said really loudly, "Hey DAISY, we're gonna have a fight!" She made John move over and she sat in my seat. Then she pointed that I had to sit at the end of the row. I wasn't sure how long this was going to go on, and I'm not that good at improv. Brian, one of John's co-workers shouted out, "Daisy, he has twin toddlers at home!" And that got Daisy scooting along with the speed of a hare. The whole thing was hilarious.

Mom and Chris watched the girls while we were at the game. They said that they had a great evening. Although, apparently the girls turned their nose up at the dinner I cooked them. They don't do that very often. I made home made mac-n-cheese with veggies. I think I over seasoned it and it was too garlic-y. The girls usually love garlic, but I guess there can easily be too much.

1 comment:

Julie said...

OF COURSE you two are married! John has never gone to a sporting event without stale chips and day-glo cheese. You were made for each other (or Cheez-Whiz was made for you, whatever).

I'll forgive you for breaking the tennant of Free since date night was clearly in the Cheap neighborhood. :)