Monday, May 18, 2009

Perfect day for the park


Maddie


Izzie


Maddie and Izzie


Founders Park aka... Pirates Cove.

This morning the girls and I went to the park. The temperature was perfect. Mostly Maddie and Izzie wanted to stay on the swings. We stayed at the park for about 30 minutes and they spent about 20 minutes on the swings. They each went down the slide by themselves about 3 times. The first time I had my hand in front of them to make sure that they didn't go too fast. Maddie learned to put her sneakers down to slow her speed. Both girls said, "WEEE" really loudly as they were swinging and as they went down the slide.

When it was time to go (the park got really crowded with a lot of older kids who kept almost knocking the girls down) Izzie didn't really want to go. I had an inspiration. Every night since the girls have been sitting up in the bathtub on their own, I've sung them a song. The rule is that they have to stay seated in the bathtub until all of the water goes away. This way, they can safely stand up and if only one person is bathing them, it just makes life easier. The thing is, they know that it's the end of bathtime when I start singing this song. We usually clap and have a good time while singing. The song is adapted from an old girl scout song and goes like this:

Bye Bye Water, Bye Bye Water!
Bye Water, I hate to see you go.
It's time to go night-night.
It's time to go night-night.
It's time to go night-night, so we have to say Good-Bye.

So, as we were leaving, I sang:

Bye Bye Park, Bye Bye Park,
Bye Bye Park, I hate to see you go.
It's time to go Home.
It's time to go Home.
It's time to go Home, so we have to say Good-Bye.

Both girls, grabbed my hands and we left the park in a happy mood.

No comments: