Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Gifts

I spent more than a few naptimes working on Mother's Day gifts for my Mother-in-law and my Grandma-in-law. I love how these bags came out. The tote I made for Jackie is reversible with 4 pockets. For Grandma I made an eye glass case and a change/make-up purse. Somehow I got the impression that Grandma wanted the bag more than her gift, but I still think she liked it!

I love the fabric I picked out for the bag. It's cotton, but it has a very silky feel to it. Even though I'm not one to normally like floral, I can't decide if I like the floral or the striped side the best! The faux leather straps gave me a ton of trouble. I did not like working with that material. I think they turned out okay, but next time, I think I'd use something different.




1 comment:

Grandma said...

We both love them!!! I can't wait to use my tote bag. It is really beautiful and will be so useful especially on trips! Also, with 5 grandkids now, I will need to carry those"grandma surprises" all the time. You did fabulous work and are so talented. Lots of love went into these gifts. You are not my daughter-in-law...you are one of my daughters!