Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Toothbrush


Maddie with her toothbrush



Izzie with hers.


I bought the girls their first real toothbrush this morning. I started out with just a washcloth many months ago, even before they had any teeth. Then I switched to this little plastic toothbrush that fits on the end of my finger when they sprouted a couple of teeth. Both girls love brushing their teeth, which I'm very grateful for. I've heard horror stories about moms having to sit on their kids to get the toothbrush in their mouth! Maddie and Izzie have learned to say "AHHH" so I can reach in and brush really well. I usually brush their teeth after breakfast, but I wanted them to try their new brushes. So, after lunch, I got them out. I brushed their teeth and then let them each "brush" their own teeth. They got a big kick out of it!

1 comment:

Allison said...

You're lucky, mine don't like me brushing their teeth, but they like to bite it themselves. Not sure how much good they are doing but as soon as I finish, I let them chew it on for awhile! I need to bring them to the dentist soon, I just don't know when I will get time for that! :)