Saturday, April 4, 2009

Our Maple Tree


Our baby maple tree.


One day, when it grows up big and tall, it should look like this picture.

This morning I went and bought a tree. a Autumn Blaze Maple to be exact. John and I have been talking about buying a tree for our backyard for about two years now. If I had known how easy it was, I would have done it two years ago. But for some reason, in my head I made it out to be this complicated procedure. I even went to the store and bought it all by myself. I guess I was picturing those shows on HGTV where they have a huge tree and it takes a crane or three grown men to lift it into a hole the size of a canyon. This is why I was putting it off for so long. I figured that must be expensive and complicated. Instead, I went to Lowes and bought a 12 foot tree that was under $50. I could lift it all by myself. (It was still heavy, but managable.) It fit in my van (just barely.) And I drove it home. John and I dug a hole with shovels (not a back hoe) and we planted a tree. I think it took maybe an hour. And while it isn't as impressive as those trees that need a crane to lift them in, one day it will be (hopefully).

No comments: