Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Mema

I'm not going to lie, this morning has been rough. I think after having so many good days, when the girls throw in a grumpy day, it can throw me for a loop. I was going to go out somewhere this morning, but since I didn't really have any place that I really needed to go, decided to just stay in. It was a bit too cool to go to the park. Well, I wish I had gone out. The girls are always good out, they love to go. They love seeing people and new sights.

But, we stayed in. And they were grumpy. Both girls kept stealing each others toys and getting very angry about it. They were in a very competitive mood. They were even fighting over me. Maddie was literally hanging off my leg while I was changing Izzie's diaper at one point. And when I tried to read them a story, both girls were fighting over my lap and pushing the other out of the way. They usually sit on one leg each and I wrap my arms around and we read. Not today. They both wanted to sit square in my lap, by themselves.

I'm not sure how I made it to lunch time, but I was so glad when I looked at the clock and saw it was time to feed them. Since they love eating, I figured I could have 15 minutes of no whining/crying. For the most part this was true. Then I decided to take them outside in the backyard between lunch and nap. The sun had come out and it was quiet warm by this time. For the most part they played pretty well outside. They only fussed a few times.

While they were playing, I was sitting in the lounger talking to Mema on the phone. One day, I would like to be half as creative as my Mema. She is an endless fountain of entertainment and ideas. She asked me if I had told the girls to get their bags and fill them with a toy they wanted to take outside. That was a brilliant idea, I wish I had thought of. I know the girls would have totally loved it. Every time I talk to Mema she is giving me another fun thing to try with the girls. She gave me a few arts & craft ideas that I'm itching to try out too. Some have to wait until they are a bit older, but some I can do right now. (As soon as I get supplies...) I'm so into arts & crafts.

Not only does my Mema have an endless supply of ideas at her disposal, she also has endless amounts of energy. I like to move and be doing stuff, so I know I get that from her, but I pale in comparisson to the amount of energy that she posses. Considering she is 40+ years older than I am, I guess I have to look up to. I love you Mema!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like the day I had too. Please share Mema's ideas with me...I need all the help I can get! Imagine having one more climbing on top of you, pitching fits! :)

Deidre said...

Thank goodness for Mema! It always helps to have that experienced person to give ideas as well as new insight!