Thursday, April 2, 2009

Discovery

I meant to post this yesterday, but didn't get around to it. Yesterday evening before dinner I took the girls outside in the front yard for a few minutes to run around. There was a pretty good breeze blowing and it was sunny. It was the perfect temperature to run up and down the sidewalk barefoot. They ran two houses one way, and then two houses the other way. Then both at the same time saw a TREE for the first time. I'm know they've "seen" trees before. But my next door neighbor has a bradford pear tree in her yard. The leaves were bristling in the wind and making a lot of movement and noise. It caught the attention of both girls. They slowly walked all around the entire tree, taking in every single part of it. How many of us can say they remember the first time they saw a tree? Really saw it. Or anything for that matter. They shared a moment with me yesterday. I think yesterday I saw that particular tree for the first time.

I love watching my babies grow. I love seeing the world through their eyes. Everything is a new experience. Everything is a new touch, sound, sight, smell and taste. Their new discoveries are also mine, if I just take the time to appreciate them.

No comments: