Sunday, April 19, 2009

Letter to Dana

Dana,

I know you are so tired of people telling you that they are so excited and wondering if you are having any labor, etc. But we just can't help ourselves! I am so excited for you! I keep waiting for my phone to ring. It's so thrilling knowing your life is about to change forever. I mean, you know that, you are preparing for it, but you won't REALLY know it until you hold your little precious baby in your arms. It's the most special feeling in the whole world. When you look your baby in the eyes and realize that he/she was the baby you were already loving for the past nine months a feeling of pure joy washes over you. Right now you don't know much about your baby. You don't know if it's a girl or a boy. Will s/he have blue eyes? brown or green? Will s/he have curly brown hair like yours or blonde like her daddy? The amazing thing is how much it doesn't matter, it will be love at first sight.

Take lots of pictures those first couple months. They grow so much faster than you think. You will be so sleepy that you won't remember much. Write everything down and take as many pictures as your computer will hold. (John had to upgrade my hard drive since I filled it up after a few months!)

Enjoy your last few nights together as a couple. Even though you are already a mom (you've been taking care of your baby for 9 months) it'll all be so different once your bundle of joy enters the house. I know you've probably been trying to picture how s/he will look in the crib or laying on a blanket in the living room. How much fun it will be to take her on walks around the neighborhood, etc. All of that will come to pass and then in a few months you will look around your living room and wonder what it looked like before the toys and the swings. You won't be able to imagine it any other way.

I can't wait to meet my little niece or nephew!

With love,
Amanda

1 comment:

Dana said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I am doing everything short of Castor Oil (sp?) to get this little one out! I just got back from a 3 mile walk - and before that, Cody took me on a bumpy tractor ride. I think I am going to be pregnant forever!